As an Area Sales Manager for Indigo, you will be the main contact for our customers in your region. As such, you must have a genuine personality and a strong desire to help our customers with the right solution, not just the sale. In addition to managing existing customer accounts, you will be responsible for meeting new potential customers, identifying their business needs and introducing solutions and services of Indigo's that meet these needs. You will need a sound knowledge of our products and applications these serve, so experience in the CI industry or similar is essential. We are looking for strong team players who like to have fun and bring a sense of enjoyment to the role. You must have excellent listening and communicating skills along with a friendly and positive outlook. We have positions in the Greater London, the South East and the North of England. Salary is negotiable with an uncapped commission structure.
About the Role
- Live, breathe and promote at every opportunity the mission statement and values of Indigo Distribution. The customer should receive at all times and in all ways a customer experience that is like no other.
- Drive profitable sales and growth through the business.
- Be responsible for the growth and development of your regional sales area through a solid, agile and robust strategy. Injecting creativity and innovation in your approach.
- Achieve and exceed KPIs to drive sales, growth, profit, and performance.
- Take ownership, responsibility and be accountable for sales targets, forecasting, and tracking of sales in your area.
- Be our eyes and ears on the ground. Market, product, competitor and business intelligence is key to this role.
- Use your initiative to contribute ideas and recommendations to the UK Sales Manager relative to improving the marketability of the company’s products.
- Build our brand, maintain our presence, expand our products and nurture business relationships.
- Be the ‘Go To’ person for our customers. Queries, help, advice or assistance. It is all part of your role.
- Get involved with our promotional and product days. Bring what you have to the table, be creative and think differently. Make us stand out from the crowd.
- Effectively use the CRM System as a tool for growth and development. This is not negotiable. The system is in place for a reason.
- Use our pricing structure to provide technical guidance and negotiate pricing with customers.
- Seek opportunities for the company at all times with customers, industry events, product events, trading shows or whatever you can justify will align with our brand and products.
- At least 3 years previous experience in the last 5 years working in a field sales role/environment in the CI industry or similar
- Demonstrate a record of achievement in a prior sales position.
- Experience in prospecting, qualifying and developing a sales strategy.
- Strong closing skills.
- Have a genuine interest in AV and a get-it-done attitude
- Previous sales background in technical products
- A sales/business qualification or previous accredited sales training
- Previous experience working within a distribution led environment.
Not exactly what you would like? Take a look at some other roles offered…