Purpose of the Role
Very simply, provide our clients with the best technical support in the industry for our products ensuring that our customers installation and down time is kept to a minimum. Excellence, and nothing less, is what we strive for.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will primarily be responsible for providing our customers with technical support, maintenance, planning and implementation packages, end- user training and providing the technical expertise for the setting up and running of events.
We pride ourselves on the customer relationships. The role as Technical Support will be central to the customer experience and the person will be expected to build relationships successfully internally and externally, working alongside the rest of the team at Indigo.
We are looking for individuals who have proven experience in a customer service environment providing technical support and have knowledge of AV systems, maintenance and repairs. A key requirement will be to provide advice and support on systems, programming, installations including having the ability to trouble shoot and problem solve.
You must also be able to demonstrate that you have the confidence to communicate clearly and effectively to key stakeholders internally and externally.
- Producing customer quotes as required on agreed schedule.
- Product and technical sales support.
- Designing, planning and implementing secure and efficient internal networking and IT systems.
- Recording of technical calls and cases in the company CRM to develop a robust case history of technical issues.
- Developing and maintaining product and technical knowledge.
- Shipping and booking out of orders as required.
- Assist in product launches, dealer days and trade shows.
- Assist in analysing competitor’s activities
- Assisting in processing and replenishing merchandise and monitoring stock.
- Responsible for RMA process both into the company and onward to the manufacturer.
- Support product development by testing new product releases and acting as a senior user, ensure prompt reporting on beta program testing.
- To work closely with all members of the Indigo Team.
- Assist in the day to running of the office.
- Maintaining professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
- Minimum of two years relevant technical support skills.
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals such as: TCP/IP, addressing, firewalls, routers, VLANs and VPN.
- At least 3 years’ experience working within the tech industry.
- Problem solving skills, with the ability to trouble shoot and provide solutions.
- Customer focused with the ability to adapt his/her operating style to deliver a high class technical support service.
- Effective communication skills both oral and written.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise own workload.
- Proven track record of managing internal and external relationships.
- Self motivated with the willingness to work on your own or as part of a team.
- Attention to detail with the ability to complete work to deadlines.
- Degree, HND or equivalent in an aspect of programming or Electronic Engineering
- Has come from an electrical background.
- Previously worked with AV systems.
Not exactly what you would like? Take a look at some other roles offered…