Reporting to the Managing Director this is a key role co-ordinating and preparing monthly accounting information to assist the Finance Director/ Managing Director in reviewing the management accounts. You will be gather information and complete month end management accounts and management reports. You will also take an active role in cash flow forecasting, training, budgeting and forecasting processes for the business as well as overseeing the sales and purchase ledger.
- To contribute to the development and management of all financial strategies, systems and reporting, ensuring timely presentation of accurate, detailed management information.
- To be responsible for the Company’s financial affairs, budgets, long-term forecasts, management accounts and annual accounts, and ensure that the most efficient and effective financial control systems and report mechanisms are in place.
- To prepare annual budgets, accounts and other relevant reports, in consultation with the Managing Director.
- To be responsible for year-end financial accounts up to final audit and sign-off.
- To oversee all VAT matters, looking at efficient ways of reducing VAT liability and keeping abreast of current VAT legislation.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Control and process VAT / PAYE procedures, returns and alike
- Process sales and purchase ledger
- Process accurate contract costings to ensure contract accounts are available
- Prepare monthly management accounts, including variance analysis and reports
- Maintain Asset Register
- Process bank reconciliations, petty cash, expenses procedures
- Preparation of yearly budgeting and cash flow forecasts
- Preparation of draft year-end financial accounts prior to audit
- Work closely with all other departments
- You will also be expected to identify risks, inefficiencies and business opportunities to deliver the business objectives therefore developing plans and system improvements as appropriate.
- VAT Returns- monthly, twice yearly ROI VAT returns, and annual VAT returns
- Accounts Payable (Processing supplier invoices, allocation of supplier payments, reconciliation of supplier statements to Sage, answering supplier queries)
- All Payroll functions using Sage
- To ensure that the Company’s legal responsibilities are met, in particular that all insurance is properly in place.
- To undertake any other tasks as may reasonably be required from time to time and requested by the Managing Director.
Experience and Qualifications
- Third-level degree in a relevant discipline and a professional accounting qualification either part or fully qualified at CIMA or ACA level.
- Demonstrable experience of financial planning in a commercial environment, with a minimum of two years’ experience in industry gained in the past five years.
- Knowledge of marketing approaches to deliver greatest commercial gain.
- Experience of working with sales and marketing and development departments; understanding of customer service.
- Post-graduate qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Previous experience in a leadership role in the financial and administrative operations of a private company.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to adapt to change.
- Excellent planner and strategic thinker.
- Excellent risk management and cost control skills.
- Ability to take responsibility for decisions made and to learn from them.
- Ability to deliver timely results despite obstacles and limited resources.
- A strong grasp of all relevant legislation and of how it applies to the role.
- Commercial acumen and ability to think creatively.
- Excellent communication, organisational, interpersonal and administrative skills, including the ability to write in clear and correct English.
- Good understanding of relevant IT systems
- Excellent negotiation and relationship management skills.
Personal Style and Behaviour
- Self-motivated, a strong work ethic and an enthusiasm for growth and development.
- Understanding and interest in the Tech industry.
- A positive, communicative personality that engenders confidence in others.
- A keen interest in satisfying internal and external customers.
- A supportive and open colleague.
Not exactly what you would like? Take a look at some other roles offered…